Collection, Processing & Storage
Call Cryoviva to immediately sign up or to receive the information about Cord Blood stem cells storage.
We will send you an information packet with the enrollment form to fill up and send it back to us. Our client service will also contact you to explain any queries you have.
Once we receive the completed forms, at your option Cryoviva will send the proprietary collection kit to you or arrange to keep it at your hospital. We will get in touch with the hospital in which you propose to go for delivery and will work out the collection procedure with your doctor. If needed, we can send our trained, certified staff or doctor to perform the collection.
When you leave for the hospital, have a family member call Cryoviva to notify us.We will make arrangements for the collection and transporation of cord blood.
After your baby is delivered and being taken care by a pediatrician, your doctor or our trained staff will collect the cord blood. The process takes less than 5 minutes. It is safe, non-invasive and painless to the mother and the baby. A small sample of maternal blood is also drawn. We will make arrangements for bringing the cord blood to our facility for processing, testing and storage.
Once your baby's cord blood has arrived at our lab, our lab technologists will carry out processing to separate the stem cells. Tests are performed on the cord blood sample to determine volume, nucleated cell count viability and sterilization. Maternal blood is tested for infectious disease markers.
Processing of the cord blood includes removal of red blood cells and plasma. The stem cells layer is transferred to a special cryobag followed by a controlled- rate-freezing and preserved cryogenically in the vapour phase of liquid nitrogen below -150 degree centigrade, inside storage tanks.
After successful completion of the process, a certificate documenting the cord blood preservation and testing is issued to the parents.
- Cord Blood & Stem Cells
- Collection, Processing & Storage
- What Doctors Say
- Treatable Diseases
- Future Potential
- Cord Blood VS Bone Marrow
Why Store Stem Cells
- You only get one chance at the time of the birth of your baby.
- Your baby's cord blood could save the life of your baby as well a family member in need.
- The possibility of medical advancement relies on cord blood stem cells .The cord blood stem cells that are stored today may become even more beneficial in the future with research constantly under way to find new medical uses including heart diseases, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes etc..
- Each year thousands of adults and children are in serious need of a life saving transplant.
- Privately banked cord blood will provide your baby with a perfect match for potential stem cells transplants.